Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

TBR Takedown 2.0

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

From July 24 - 31, TBR Takedown 2.0 is happening!  I'll be participating, of course. There are challenges!

Read ....
1. A first in a series.
2. A sequel
3. A book that's been on your bookshelf for more than a year.
4. Out of comfort zone.
5. A book from most recent bookhaul.

As usual, I over set my choices just in case my mood changes. One can never predict the reading mood.



1. Here, There Be Dragons (James A. Owen) will fulfill the first in a series challenge. Currently reading, so if I finish this I'll have to find another. It is not on my TBR.

2. It's Not Summer Without You (Jenny Han) will fulfill the sequel challenge. It is on my TBR.

3. The Archived (Victoria Schwab) will fulfill the book on my TBR for more than a year. It's carried over from last year's TBR. 

4. And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie) - a classic mystery - out of my comfort zone.

Burial Rites (Hannah Kent) - an historical mystery - out of my comfort zone. TBR, yes.

Epic: Legends of Fantasy (John Joseph Adams, editor) - short stories - out of my comfort zone. I've challenged myself to read three. 

5. Heir of Sea and Fire (Patricia K. McKillip) will fulfill the most recent haul challenge. 



This is more than enough to keep me. There are more library books on hold that might come in, and hey, maybe a book that's sitting on my shelf will call to me unexpectedly. I look forward to this unexpected reading journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment