Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Always Pretty Summer Read

The Summer I Turned Pretty
By Jenny Han

Belly (yes, that's her name) spends every summer with her family and her mom's friend's family at a beach house. Every summer has always been magical, this summer things unexpectedly change.

There's boys in this book! Even better, two brothers, so the reader gets to try and figure out who Belly will eventually fall for.

I devoured this apple-pie book in an evening. Picked it up and next thing I knew, two hours later, I felt all warm and cozy and immediately wanted to pick up book two.

Loveable characters; a wonderful summer world; a plot to keep you turning pages until the end. It's a great summer read. Belly is relateable and makes silly mistakes, but believeable mistakes, ones we can pardon her for. The boys, on the other hand, I am actually torn. They're framed on the surface as "good boy" vs "bad boy" but they aren't really. I think I enjoyed that part of it. I will always choose the "good boy".

They talk about beach reads. This is a perfect one. Enjoy!

3/5 STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment