Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

Cramathon 2015 ~ Wrap Up

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

What an awesome short-term read-a-thon. I was busier than planned, but I still fit in time for reading. Here are my results:

1. A children's book ~ Check!
2. A hardback ~ Check!
3. 2 books in 24-hours ~ Check!
4. A graphic novel ~ Check!
5. A book in verse ~ Nope
6. A novella ~ Nope
7. 5 books total ~ Nope



The Castle of Llyr
By Lloyd Alexander
Pages: 170
Challenge: 1, 2, 3

This is the third book in the Prydain Chronicles which I started last year by reading "The Black Cauldron" (second book of five total). Alexander has this old world, poetic style writing that's engaging and forces you to read slowly even though the action is fast paced. He wants you to drink in the descriptions. 

"For each of us comes a time when we must be more than what we are." ~ p. 4 (1999 Henry Holt and Co.)

"A warrior's life is one of hardship... and it takes a stout heart to follow it." ~ 94
(1999 Henry Holt and Co.)

4/5 STARS


172 Hours on the Moon
By Johan Harstad
Pages: 351
Challenge: 2, 3 

On a whim, I decided to start this over "Of Neptune". In the mood for some sci-fi. Gosh, this is creepy. You're reading along and it seems normal with an underlying unnerving sense you can't quite put your finger on until it slowly unravels. *shudders* I flew through this on Sunday.  Gripping.

Full review here

4/5 STARS


Fables, vol 7: Arabian Nights (and Days)
&
Y the Last Man, vol 8: Kimono Dragons
Challenge: 4

I read both of these Saturday night. Both series are engaging and these are great editions. Now to put the next volumes on hold. 

 

Of Neptune
By Anna Banks
Pages: 1-58 of 327

I began this one last night, however, only slightly got into it. This could've been my fifth book read, but as I said, busier than expected. Can't help life sometimes! I'm sure the review for this one will be coming very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment