Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2015

TBR TAKEDOWN 2.0 - Wrap-Up

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

TBR Takedown 2.0 has come to a close. I am very pleased with my results.

4 books finished, 5-ish challenges completed. Oh yeah!

1. A first in a series.
2. A sequel
3. A book that's been on your bookshelf for more than a year.
4. Out of comfort zone.
5. A book from most recent bookhaul.

Completed books:

Burial Rites
By Hannah Kent
Pages: 314
Challenges: 3, 4
TBR: Yes


Not exactly a happy summer book. This follows the events of the last execution in Iceland. The character who is accused of murder is compelling and it was very VERY good.

I read this during a thunderstorm. Perfect mood weather.

4/5 STARS


It's Not Summer Without You (II) By Jenny Han
Pages: 276 
Challenges: 2
TBR: Yes

Review to come. Also not a happy summer book... hmmmm....

4/5 STARS



A Court of Thorns and Roses
By Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 416
Challenges: 1

TBR: Not for this year, but I wanted to read it.

Yeah, remember when I talked about not following a plan. This book. I had nightmares this book would be awful. It wouldn't let me sleep. I had to read it. Thankfully, it was fantastic. Maas's writing is superb.

Review to come.

5/5 STARS



And Then There Were None
By Agatha Christie
Pages: 300

Challenges: 4, 5
TBR: Bookclub 

From a library haul (totally counts, right?). My first Agatha Christie book! What a fantastic, yet creepy, one to start with. Gripping. I hit a point where I had to finish and find out who dunnit. The creepy part of this book is that people are being murdered as the book is read. *shudders* I stayed up until 2am reading this and then couldn't fall asleep. Whoops.

5/5 STARS



No comments:

Post a Comment