Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A-thon: Day 2

Daaaaaaay 2

Total Pages Read: 574

Finished overall: 2 books + 2 graphic novels + 4 short stories


The Archived
By Victoria Schwab
Pages: 120-321
Challenge: Blue Cover

Totally cool concept. Review here.





Fables, Vol 8: Wolves 
By Bill Willingham
Pages: 1-159
Challenge: Read without letting go

Carrying on with this series. I didn't particularly like this one as much, however, it's a strong installment.




Short Stories:

Strife Lingers in Memory
By Carrie Vaughn
Pages total: 14

Heart-breaking. Real. This story gets you thinking about the heroes after the tale, after the win, after the legendary quests. 



Sandmagic
By Orson Scott Card
Pages total: 17

Exceptional storyteller, of a boy that witnesses a traumatic event and lives his whole life with the darkness of hate feeding his ambition. I didn't dislike the story, but I wasn't ga-ga over it. Card can do no wrong though with skill in writing. The story didn't connect to me though.

Stories from:
Epic: Legends of Fantasy
Edited by John Joseph Adams


Started:

Squire
By Tamora Pierce
Pages: 1 - 183

This is a reread for me. Only to fulfill the shared initial challenge ('P' for me). Seriously, of all the books on my TBR, not one author with a P last name. Apparently, the only 'P' author in abundence on my bookshelf is Tamora Pierce (by design). So of course, any excuse to reread a favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment