Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Month of 300 - Wrap Up

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

Month of 300 was a success!!! 

For those of you who missed my beginning of June post, this idea came to me after feeling down about not chipping away at my to-be-read pile. In order to do so quickly, I decided the month of June would  aim to read books under 300 pages.

With 10 books read, I call that a blazing success!

Resenting the Hero
By Moira J Moore
Pages: 292
TBR: No

Hilarious. Fun. Adventurous. Utterly delightful. The book that inspired me to start this. Off my TBR, but totally worth the deviation.




The Lies of Locke Lamora
By Scott Lynch
Pages: 531
TBR: Yes

Ugh. Started this back in April. Hence why it doesn't follow the under 300 club. However, I needed to finish this. I was not into this story at all. Just needed it read and done with. Felt like the author had a lot of "darlings" he couldn't part with. Pretty world building.

Out of the Silent Planet
By C.S.Lewis
Pages: 187
TBR: No

My friend really wants me to love her favourite author. I refuse to read Narnia books. This was the alternative. A delightful surprise. Very philosophical.




Dream a Little Dream
By Kerstin Gier
Pages: 336
TBR: No

Definitely not under 300 pages, but library holds don't always come in at the right time. I've wanted to read this since finishing the Ruby Red Trilogy. A little jarring in writing style (perhaps translation issues). I quickly fell into this dream-like story. Review here.


Vanish
By Sophie Jordan
Pages: 294
TBR: Yes

Dragon-roaring fun ride! Perfect summer book. Review here.





Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
By Robin Sloan
Pages: 288
TBR: Yes

A fast paced mystery revolving around a 24-hour bookstore. Likeable and odd characters, curious mystery. Too much tech.




Of Triton
By Anna Banks
Pages: 246
TBR: YES

More summer fun with mythological-transforming humans. Review here.




The Martian
By Andy Weir
Pages: 369
TBR: No

After watching the trailer for the upcoming movie, I had to read this book. Worth veering off the 300 course. Fantastic!!!! Almost makes me want to go to Mars. Almost...




The Summer Prince
By Alaya Dawn Johnson
Pages: 289
TBR: YES!!


No doubt this book will be on my Top 5 for 2015. Having finished this so recently I'm still raw. Broken. In a funk. Beautiful, lovely, something more than love. Review here.

Needs to include a soundtrack to fully immerse.


Alice in Wonderland
By Lewis Carroll
Pages: 196
TBR: No

This is my third (I think) time rereading this delightful story. It never gets old. Who wouldn't want a trip to Wonderland on a hot summer's evening. A mini bookclub with my best friend.




5/10 books were on my TBR. I am very pleased with the results. This challenge didn't restrict me. Sometimes challenges restrict what the options are to read. I felt very free in all my choices.

For July, there's a Crammathon and at the very end the BookTube-a-thon will be coming up. Cannot wait for another reading month.








No comments:

Post a Comment