Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2015

Half-Hearted Takedown

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

Soooo, there was a read-a-thon that I half-heartedly participated in. The TBR Takedown marathon. From June 1-7. Yes, there were challenges. Yes, I attempted them. Silly me, thought I had loads of time this week. And then the unexpected meetings came in waves... my time whittled down... my marathoning was disappointing.



In total, I read three books.
~ Resenting the Hero, #1 Hero Series (Moira J Moore)
5 STARS
~ Lies of Locke Lamora, #1 Gentleman Bastard (Scott Lynch)
2 STARS
~ Out of the Silent Planet, #1 Space Trilogy (C.S. Lewis)
4 STARS


Here's the challenges and my squeeeeeezing success out of them.

1. Read a book you've had for over a year.
 The Lies of Locke Lamora - on my TBR for a year, and in reading this it feels like I've been reading it for over a year.

2. Read an unread sequel.
---

3. Read the 1st book in a series.
All of these were firsts in series. I will probably continue the Hero series and the Space Trilogy.

4. Read a book out of your comfort zone.
Out of the Silent Planet was completely out of my comfort zone. I never liked Narnia. So my friend's way around recommending a C.S.Lewis book was his Space Trilogy.

5. Read a book from your most recent haul. 
Resenting the Hero is brand new! Loved this one. Laugh out loud funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment