Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

TBR Jars

Have I not talked about my TBR Jars?!

Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

Upon writing an entry, meaning to link to a previous blog post, I realized I hadn't actually discussed my revised TBR Jar plan. I even promised an update in my 2016 plans. It being the 5th month of the year, now's as good as time as any.

The idea came to me at the end of last year. My best friend and I went through her TBR jar and she realized many of the books fell into multiple categories. Levels of priority. Some she really wanted to read and others were wishful thinking.

Thus began my restructuring. Three jars.

#1 - The Dragon Jar !

What do I want most in the world? A dragon. Thus, the books that I most want to read. The Dragon Jar.
Filled with my top ten to-be-reads for this year.


#2 - Prince Jar-ming *

You have an idea of who's your Prince Charming. Sometimes he's a surprise. Pun-tastically named, Prince Jar-ming offers books that I would love to read and often take a back-burner to ones from the Dragon Jar.
Yes. I'd rather have a dragon than a prince.
Filled with about twenty novel choices. 


#3 - Hero's Jar-ney ?

The puns. They don't stop. Spawned from a "choose-your-own-adventure" approach and named for a story structure (The Hero's Journey), the hero never knows what he's in for at the beginning of his journey.  These are books that have piqued my interest, but are in least priority. Want a wild ride? Pull from this jar. I've forgotten most of the novels I've put in this one.
Filled with at least sixty choices.




No comments:

Post a Comment