Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Project TBR - Wrap-Up

Well. That crashed and burned.

I most certainly read. I finished a book. But holy macaroni, pitiful amounts.

The Book of Three
By Lloyd Alexander
Status: Completed!!

Challenges achieved: Under 250 pages, cover with green on it



Mini-Review:
Last summer, I read book 2 of this series. Loved it! Not sure I liked this one as much. Of course, it is a book 1 so there is needed world building and character introductions. The Horned-King is terrifying, as are the cauldron-born.
My anger for the movie adaptation carried over to this book. Basically, Disney merged book 1 and 2 (badly). I sincerely hope that when I read the 3rd book, it will be all new story and no relation to the botched movie.
I still think you can read book 2 without reading 1. The Black Cauldron was crafted better.
3/5 STARS

Song of the Wanderer
By Bruce Coville

Status: Almost finished. Disc 6 of 6 (audiobook).

This series is underrated. It's a fantastic story. I have fallen back in love with this world and cannot wait for the next book, Dark Whispers.

Challenges: could've been the underrated novel


Beta Reader
By Canadian Author
Status: Not finished.

I'm spending lots of time on this one as I'm editing. Glad I got started though. Can't wait to finish. The author is a great storyteller.




Never Fade
By Alexandra Bracken
Status: Barely started.

I'm somewhere in chapter one. Tried to get a good start on this one last night, but my brain went NOPE, YOU'RE TIRED! So, that didn't happen. I am looking foward to reading this one this week though.





No comments:

Post a Comment