Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Beginning of August


Hi Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

July - my usual month of extreme reading has ended. The pressures I have given myself are my own. The expectations were high and unreachable.

This year has been the year of changes. With changes comes a rearranging of life. Sometimes things suffer for the love of something or someone new.

On average, my July brings 10 read books. My total for the month was 6. Not terrible. And yet, I feel disappointed. Five of them were crunched in the end of the month.

I know I could have done it. Instead, I chose to go camping for a week, then go on a road-trip for another week. Reading does not get done with there's socializing and people.

My terms for August are looser. Read what you can. Read what you want.


'The Count of Monte Cristo' is the challenge for the bookclub. It's a honker. There's much superfluous material; there's some captivating material.

'Irenicon' by Aidan Harte is my guilt book. The one that I should've read as soon as I bought it, last year. So far, I'm liking it.

'The Secret Garden' by Frances Hodgson Burnett is the light book. Downloaded on my NEW Kindle Paperwhite. Getting used to the different reading surface.

'The Library at Mount Char' by Scott Hawkins is the audiobook I'm currently listening to. It's odd. I knew that going in. It's rated VERY highly on Goodreads. Got my fingers crossed.


~Happy August Reading!~

No comments:

Post a Comment