Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Book-Tube-a-Thon 2016

Hello Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

Every summer, the BookTube community is set alight with the Book-Tube-a-Thon. While this marathon centres around videos and video creators, I've always enjoyed participating in the challenges.

This year it takes place from July 18-24th. I'm out of town from the Monday to the Wednesday, but I'm hoping to take a few books with me to get a good start on the week.

The Challenges vary from interesting to standard. I look forward to attempting most of them.


Read a Book...

1. ...with a YELLOW cover.
Basket Case ~ Carl Hiaasen

2. ...only after sunset. (so cool)
Violet Eyes ~ Debbie Viguie

3. ...discovered because of BookTube (but there's so many!)
The Glass Arrow ~ Kristen Simmons
 Written in Red ~ Anne Bishop
 Looking Backward ~ Edward Bellamy 
End of Days (III) ~ Susan Ee

4. ...by a favourite author.
The Grey King (IV) ~ Susan Cooper

5. ...that's older than me! (not that old really)
Looking Backward ~ Edward Bellamy (published 1888)

6. ...and watch its movie adaptation.
Not interested. Least likely to complete this one.

7. ...SEVEN books.


 We'll see how well I actually stick to this OR if the library decides I cannot have one of these books, I will have to adapt.

Best of luck to everyone participating!!!!!!

~ Happy Marathon Reading ~





No comments:

Post a Comment