Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

March Wrap-Up

Hello Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

For all the aching and pining for reading, my March went exceptionally well. My want to read something really great is satisfied. The need for reading several really great stories is still there.

I read a total of 6 books! My reading mojo has perhaps returned!

Magic Lost, Trouble Found
By Lisa Shearin
4 Stars

I should have liked this more. The names muddled my brain. I am normally fine with reading fantasy names, but for some reason, in this book, they were very confusing. There's one character that I wouldn't mind only reading about. I may or may not continue this series.Started in February, finished in March.


The Gracekeepers
By Kirsty Logan
4 Stars

The cover caught my eye in bookstores, I had to read this. It was lovely. Quite the opposite of what usual future-society books usually are. Started it in February, finished it in March.


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
By Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
4 Stars

Not quite what I expected. I really enjoyed it. Thought I'd hated it since I love the story in Pride and Prejudice. It's the same story, keeping most of the same interactions, zombies added within. Hilarious and refreshing. A joyful surprise.


The Search for WondLa
By Tony Diterlizzi
2 Stars

I did not like this. Bookclub book for my best friend and I, it rubbed us the wrong way. Many plot holes, dropped plot points, weird character decisions, unlikeable characters, and mostly it felt incoherent. I will not continue this series, nor read anything else by this author.


All My Friends are Superheroes
By Andrew Kaufman
4 Stars

A palette cleanser from the previous, it's a magical little story. Heartwarming, world twisting, and content.


The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet
By Becky Chambers
5 Stars

The star of the month. No contest. Makes you feel ooey-gooey cozy all over, all the while exploring family structures, gender, and the tight bonds of friendship. Remarkably warm. Recommend to anyone wanting a little, lovely Sci-Fi in their life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment