Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

May TBR ~ 2015

Hello Book-Sniffers and Librocubicularists,

May the 1st: Spring is in full swing (at least here it is) and so is the promise of good books.

With May comes Bout of Books 13 which I have signed up for. Count me in! Here's hoping I can whittle down my ridiculous 2015 list in this marathon.



On this month's reading docket:

War & Peace (Leo Tolstoy) - This one I'm reading as a bookclub with two friends. My book has the tiniest writing. When I go back and forth between this one and regular books, the regular books seem to be in very LARGE PRINT because of it.


A Wizard of Earthsea (Ursula Le Guin) - Dunno why this one is taking me ages. It's not boring. It's a short book. I should be able to finish this one no prob.


Lies of Locke Lamora (Scott Lynch) - Listening to this one on audiobook. Lord, so much swearing. The man who narrates the book makes it even better with his accent, therefore I giggle with every F bomb.


Afterworlds (Scott Westerfeld) - Haven't read one of his since 'The Specials". Only a few chapters in and loving it already. Hmmm, apparently this is read books by 'Scott' month...


Thirst, No. 1 (Christopher Pike) - Borrowed this from a student. If I can hope for a dragon book and win, I can hope for a vampire book. I read chapter 1 juuuuust to make sure. I'm hooked. This book is actually a compilation of 3 books. Not sure if I'll read the whole thing or just the first one.


The maybe pile:

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender (Leslye Walton) - Craving a little magical realism? Perhaps.

Bitter Greens (Kate Forsyth) - A fairy tale retelling is always delightful. Rapunzel this one is.



TBRs are a strange beast. Sometimes it is fun to plan and be exited for stories. Other times, that one book that's been sitting on your bookshelf, waiting to be read calls out "Read me". Like Alice in Wonderland, you can't help but do... So while I've posted a 'plan', plans can always change.

No comments:

Post a Comment